Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New pathway, same destination

Today I am starting as temporary custodial staff. I am excited to be earning the amount I will, to have an eagle card that will make me feel like a part of the university, and to get a leg up in paying off my old school! I am so blessed right now.

Sure, custodial work isn't the greatest. It's going to be hard and I am going to come home sweaty, nasty, and more words that just mean gross. But I will have a great attitude because I am earning my way back into school. That is the most important thing right now.

I am with my roommate right now in the Ed Lab at EWU. She is going to bring me home where I am going to eat, celebrate, and nap before I go to work at 3:30. I plan on taking a lot of cold medicine before I go to work.

I will be working 5 days a week 4:30pm-12:30am. I will probably have to walk home and to work a few times (which will be a little cold, but hey, more exercise!) but overall this will be a great thing for me. The custodial manager seems nice, and apparently the woman I am training with is nice.

A lot of people think that custodial work is beneath them. Admittidly, I did not want to be doing something like this either. I think the lesson to be learned here is that a job is a job and honest work is honest work. I will be making the best out of this... and who knows, I could be back in school in a matter of months!

No comments:

Post a Comment