Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dresses and the smell of spring!

Spring is just around the corner and I am SO ready to ditch my jeans and jackets for dresses and sandals.

I love spring. I love the smell of fresh rain, the beauty of tulips poking through the ground, the sunny and mild weather, and DRESSES.

As a child I detested the very thought of wearing a dress. I remember fighting with my mother over wearing dresses. I wanted to wear pants and a shirt and THAT WAS IT, MOM!
Today, I find something utterly alluring about the idea of a dress. I adore finding cute, everyday dresses that provide enough cover to be modest, yet are cute and with today's styles. I find that with my lighter skin tone, light colors seem to wear well on me. Take this dress for example:


I love the eyelet dresses! I used to have a white strapless one that I adored.

My job choice will not allow me to wear dresses all the time. Cleaning in a dress is not ideal. I feel bad for those 1950's housewives. The very thought of cleaning in a dress and heels makes my calves ache.

When I am not at work, the dirty jeans and old t-shirts will be a forgotten item until winter rolls around again. Dresses and skirts and a few pairs of capri pants will be my friend for the warm weather months!

I pulled all my "warm winter scents" from my closet two days ago and replaced them with my "fresh spring and summer scents". I just adore Bath & Body Work's new Carried Away scent. It smells like raspberries, which brings me back to childhood.

Perhaps some believe it is strange that I do this ritual-like change of scents and my wardrobe. I think that it is important to present yourself to the public in a fashionable and pleasant manner. Smelling good and looking good are important in society's eye. I do not believe fashion to be the epitome of all importance, but I certainly see the value in owning a few good items of clothing.

I know my roommates might have the impression that I am a little crazy when it comes to scents. But if they could smell the way I do, I think they would understand. If I come into a room and someone has eaten something that smells remotely strong (onions, garlic, some meats, etc.) I want to barf. It revolts me. I cannot explain why. I enjoy scents like apples, vanilla, raspberry, etc.. but meat, garlic, eggs, onions, grease... VOMIT CITY!

No comments:

Post a Comment