Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Running the Race

I am typing in my bathroom because there is nowhere else available in my apartment to do this. We are hosting a guest from Whatcom (a community college) who is sleeping in our living room and my shared room is currently housing my roommate who is deeply sleeping. So... I am sitting on the tile in my bathroom typing.

I have been working on a few of my goals simultaneously in the past week. I finally began working on my goal of starting a non-profit organization. I spoke to a few friends and am having lunch with S. tomorrow, who has a degree in business. She should be able to help me get a better idea of what I will need to be doing over the next year or so.

I also got word from the government that I will be receiving a Pell Grant next year to the tune of $5,550 towards Eastern. That means I will only need a couple grand more to cover the rest of tuition and books. I will rent most of my textbooks online (chegg.com is a GREAT resource) and pool the rest of my money from work. I am very very thrilled to go back to school. I still need to pay of the rest of St. Kate's and somehow pay of my mother (she gave 1/2 of what I owed to the school) but I will at least be able to finish my degree. This is AWESOME!

I also purchased new running shoes this past weekend when I was in Missoula, MT. They are supposed to help stop pronation during running (and I have a terrible pronation problem). I tested them out today on the treadmill and I was able to run farther than I ever have with absolutely zero foot pain. There is a win for Asics!

Bloomsday for the win!

No comments:

Post a Comment