Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Things I want to do

It's still 4 a.m. (Well 4:30 now.)

But I need to write this down:

1. I want to start a group or a community outreach program for high school girls. I want to teach the "7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens" and do programs that address things that plague a lot of teenagers today: i.e. eating disorders, relationships, family issues, drugs, etc. I also want to provide factual and positive information on health and beauty to these girls. It would also be fun to do things like makeovers for prom and other dances for these girls.

2. I want to obtain a nursing and psychology degree from EWU and eventually apply for medical school (I am not sure where). During my course of study at EWU I want to dabble in anthropology and investigate the health care system through a few criminal justice, economics, and other classes that will assist me in my eventual career as a doctor. I want to become an excellent writer so I can write proposals/grants, etc. During my time at Eastern I want to be involved with the school newspaper and literary magazine. I also do not want to take out any more student loans during my time at Eastern.

3. I want to take a few painting classes to balance out my academia and produce people-centered artwork.

4. I want to run Bloomsday.

5. I want to live in Italy for three months.

6. I want to work with Partners In Health in Haiti for an extended period of time (probably six months at first, then return for a year to two years) aiding in Women's Health.

7. I want to finish my book list. I have a new book list every year and I never finish it. This year, I want to finish it.

8. I want to begin to write regularly, hopefully one day finishing my memoir on the impact of exposure to sexuality at a young age.


That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment