Sunday, May 29, 2011

And there I go, all crazy again

"Hey, get some more sleep."

"Woman, go to bed earlier."

"Drink more water!"

"This again!?!? I wanted some fruits and veggies, not fried foods!"

My body has been chastising me for not taking care of it again.

With these wacky hours I work, getting enough sleep (or too much!) can be a challenge at times. My windows aren't blacked out and I don't have my own bedroom so interruptions are common throughout the mornings when I am trying to sleep.

Getting up to work out is another total challenge... and boy do I feel the consequences of that! My muscles are extremely tight and could use a good long stretch and run. I tried that yesterday though, only to end up even more sore!

On top of all this: my budget just got extra strapped. My roommates and I got a new place but we have to pay two rents this summer each... and two can't pay so my roommate and I are footing the bill for now until they are able to pay us back. Bye bye fruits and vegetables!


So how to remedy this new shift challenge? I think I have a few ideas:

1. I just need to buy more yogurt so I can make my smoothies again.
2. Come up with a set sleep schedule - and stick to it. Since I cannot go to bed until 4 a.m. without struggling, I will make 4 a.m. my bedtime... and get 7-8 hours of rest before I get up again to exercise.
3. I need to make ME time. I keep talking about it but it never happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment