Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sunshine!

The sun decided it wanted our relationship back. No more hiding behind the snow clouds, it promised. It even kissed me a little, leaving a bit of a mark after our afternoon together.

Sun, I wanted you back too. This wasn't one sided.

I ran outside today like a little kid runs into Toys 'R Us. I grabbed my towel, my bible, my bottle of water, and soaked up that sun like it was oxygen. I could absorb so much calcium right now! My bones are going to be in shock thanks to all that Vitamin D.

Basking in the glory of the sun gives me a TON of time to think about a lot of weird things:

1. Since I was reading/listening to Leviticus again (I sort of skimmed it and didn't really pay attention since that book has nothing in it but rules) the topic of the day seemed to be food... don't eat the fat, the kidneys, the long lobe of the liver, etc... that part is for God... but the meat is for the preists ya'll, and they are having USDA Choice Steaks tonight! The bread might be dry and chewy, but ooooh man those steaks!

2. Has anyone ever noticed that things that buzz are typically dangerous? A bee and horsefly buzzed by on several occasions... but that isn't the end of the list... Add in powerlines and chainsaws and I think I am on to something!

3. Sunshine either puts me to sleep quickly or wakes me up. Go from my dark bedroom cave into the blinding light of the day and I will be instantly awake... however I can be perfectly awake and go to the beach and I will be sleepy in a matter of minutes of tanning.

4. I'll admit, I can see why people thought there was a Sun God. Heck, if I was in some ancient society that was not aware of God... I would probably have made up a Sun God too. It just makes sense. I don't blame them. The sun is pretty awesome... but hey... that just means God is even MORE awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment