Sunday, August 28, 2011

Why does stuff make me feel like I have grown up?

Since moving into my new apartment/duplex I have acquired permanent furniture. I have a nice table, a futon/couch, a nice coffee table, a king size bed, and two nice dressers in addition to my kitchen stuff.

Why does this make me feel like more of an adult? Owning my own things makes me feel independent and like I could handle things on my own. I feel empowered knowing that the table in my kitchen is actually mine, not borrowed from another roommate or temporarily placed in my kitchen until someone moves out.

I have been jealous for years of the people that I know that actually do own their own stuff. Who have items that will follow them into their next apartments or into there marriages. And now that I have my own things, I feel like I am adult too. It's a nice feeling.

Is it bad though?

No comments:

Post a Comment